Customer Complaints Handling Procedure
At Christopher James Property Consultants – CJPC – we aim to deliver consistently high standards and we are committed to continually improving the service we provide. There may be times however when our high standards are not met or are perceived as not having been met. We understand that without satisfied customers, our business cannot grow and we, therefore, welcome your feedback and comments if at any time you are not happy with our service. We want to resolve any problems you might have experienced as promptly and effectively as possible and your comments are invaluable in helping us to improve for the future. We believe that by responding positively to your comments we will not only retain our existing clients but attract new ones as well.
Although Christopher James Property Consultants – CJPC – aims to resolve all complaints to your satisfaction, quickly and effectively, without the need for the involvement of a third party, the policy set out below also gives further information on who you can contact if you are unhappy with the response we have provided.
In the first instance, if you are unhappy about any aspect of our service, please raise the matter with the company representative concerned and he or she will try to resolve your complaint immediately involving the appropriate Director if necessary. However, if the matter cannot be resolved on the spot, we would ask you to make a formal complaint in accordance with the following procedure:
- Christopher James Property Consultants – CJPC – a Member of The Property Ombudsman, aims to provide the highest standards of service to all our customers. To ensure that your interests are safeguarded, a complaints procedure has been introduced. This provides for the matter to be dealt with internally by Christopher Linton and if we are unable to deal with the issue to our mutual satisfaction, by reference to The Property Ombudsman.
- If you believe you have a complaint, please write or email in the first instance to Christopher Linton (Director), CJPC, 3A Stone Street, Cranbrook, Kent TN17 3HF. enquiries @cjpc.co.uk
- We aim to acknowledge any complaint within 24 hours but no longer than 3 working days. It will be investigated thoroughly in accordance with established in-house procedures and a formal reply will be sent to you within 15 working days of receipt of your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our initial investigation, you are provided with a further opportunity to have the complaint reviewed by the other Director, James Lloyd at the same address. Again, a formal reply will be sent to you within 15 working days of receipt of this request.
- If the final review as detailed above still fails to satisfy your complaint, then you are at liberty to have the matter referred to The Property Ombudsman (this must be within 12 months of the final review date). We will submit our file to the Ombudsman on request. You are also entitled to have your complaint referred to the Ombudsman should we fail to deal with matters promptly or do not comply with our in-house complaints’ procedure within 8 weeks from the date we receive your written notification. The Property Ombudsman can be contacted at Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2BP. Telephone 01722 333306. https://www.tpos.co.uk/